Friday, August 16, 2013

What have you learned today?

My children teach me things every day. In fact some times I wonder if they have really taught me more than I have them.....  I became a mother at the ripe old age of 19 and a year later I became a mother again. I know that having my children made me grow up and become an adult probably before I was really ready to, but hey here we are 11 and a half years later and they both made it lol.



Anyways today my youngest son Jason came in from playing with all the neighborhood kids and asked me "if his ear was kinda red??" (<--- His words) I took a look and said yeah a little. Why what happened? He says we were playing football and I tried to pick it and it flew by my face and hit my ear. Now here is the impressive part. I actually knew what he was talking about!!! This is a huge deal for me because seriously I do NOT follow football in any way shape or form. I went to a football game one time with a friend and had no idea what was going on. I finally said to her to just tell me what's going on in nascar terms so I could understand it. Last year however both my boys decided they wanted to play football for school. Thank God Mr. Wonderful was around to show them what to do since he played football in school. And apparently the knowledge rubbed off a little since I can follow what is going on anyways. (Hate to say it but sometimes I loose which kid is mine on the field though.) This year Bryce has decided he wants to play football too so now we have about half a team in our family because my nephew Drew A.K.A. Brick House is also playing. If we got them all on the same team someone would get killed I swear.


So not only have I learned how to grow up and all about sports from my children I have learned how to keep my imagination and heart young. I love the conversations we have about all kinds of crazy stuff. We can talk about bugs, the dog, girls : / how guys interact with each other and any thing else that pops into their silly little heads. Some times our conversations are a little scary ( they actually told me what tea bag is) and the sex talk was pushed right off on Mr. Wonderful too (Score!)  Even my new book series is from a conversation that Jay and I had and it kind of took on a life of it's own. And any time I have writers block I ask Jay what Tom should do next? My favorite part was when he asked me if I was going to let the farmer catch Tom, the main character in my book is based off of Jay since it was his idea, and when I said yes he screamed You are going to kill me???!!!! Of course if you want to know if I kill my son off then you will have to wait and read the last book LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment