Tuesday, August 13, 2013

For the love of Elle......

I finally did it!! My first two books are now published through Amazon.com and it is awesome!!! Everyone with a child should go look at these two books titled The Great Turkey Run, Book 1: The Great Turk-styrio and Book 2: The Great Bucko-rama. Right now they are only going to be available on ereaders, but I am hopefully going to be able to get them into print at least in paper back soon. Still trying to figure out all this self publishing stuff. My family has been so supportive of my love of writing and even giving me the push I needed to finally share my work with the rest of the world. So extra big THANK YOU to Mr. Wonderful, and my kid sister Desiree. You guys are awesome and I love you both for all the help. Also to my son Jay thank you for having your crazy dreams and giving mom the idea for these books in the first place. I have taken a number of the children in my life and turned them all into characters in my books and they seem to be so tickled to guess who they might be. I figure they can't be that bad when the ex sends a message saying even he liked them and we haven't spoken in I don't even know how long.  Everyone should keep their eyes open for book 3 The Great Race which will be coming out later this year.

 
 
Well now that that is out of the way...... yesterday was the first day of school for the boys.(Zach is in middle school now 6th grade while Jay is in 5th grade. Luke is in 8th Bryce made it to 6th like Zach and Kaleb is in 2nd now.)  Zach was very ready to head back to school while Jay was a little less excited to be getting up so early again. They both had a great couple of first days back however and Zach was much more excited today when he got home since he has two good friends who both ended up having classes and one even has lunch with him. Jay has a couple of friends in his class, but since we moved to this school half way though the year last year he didn't have very long to get to know a lot of different kids. It's also a nice thing to know that his brother wasn't a total pain last year so now that Jay has the same teachers that Zach did they are all looking out for him and he isn't known as the little brother of the trouble maker lol. We haven't had the other 3 kids back yet, but hopefully they are having a great first week too. It's kinda scary having 2 go into middle school this week!!
 

 
 
(Zach was making a bad face because he was playing with me about not taking his picture.)
 
Mr. Wonderful should be finding out about his new job tomorrow. Fingers crossed because this would be a great thing for our family. Same money no commute sounds good to us and add in the company truck and we are in hog heaven.  I also received an E mail today asking if I would be interested in a new job myself : ) Of course I am! Writing is my passion and at some point I would love for that to be all I ever have to do and be able to make some money at it to take care of my family, but for right now I will keep writing, working on the online business www.therightsideofthebed.com and hopefully get this new job as well to keep me busy on top of all these crazy kids and Mr. Wonderful lol. Just a few days ago things weren't looking real good and in just a matter of a few hours things have started to turn around, now lets just hope that we can keep it moving in the right direction.
 
 
 
(And for Chad's Grandma: " I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." ~Philippians 4:13. I have heard him say this was her favorite scripture a number of times and it seems like it fits right now even though I am not overly religious.)


No comments:

Post a Comment