Thursday, August 15, 2013

The most importaint things in life.....

.... Are people not things. I love my family and even though we have had our share of ups and downs we stick together and work it out.  Today has been an awesome day in Elle's world. Mr. Wonderful got the phone call today saying he will now be changing jobs, something that he has been trying to do for almost a year now. It has been a LONG haul, but the perfect job opening became available and now it is his. :) If you can't tell I am very happy and excited about this. I still haven't heard from the guy who offered me a new job, but I have only been waiting one day so I need to have some patience.


My child also did something today that made me laugh even though he was in tears. Our little Boston Terrier puppy has taken to biting the crap out of the children to get them to play with her. She doesn't seem to understand that her little puppy teeth really hurt when she chomps into you. So the boys have started swatting or pushing her away with their feet, not really kicking her just shaking her loose from their legs when she latches on. So anyways Zach was trying to work on a picture he was drawing and Alice was jumping on the couch biting him and when he put her on the ground she grabbed him by the leg. Zach shook his leg and I didn't think anything of it. Alice jumped back up on the couch and laid down. Not the normal Alice reaction to being told she can't do something but hey she has to learn at some point. Anyways I went about doing what I was and then I heard my son crying. Now he is 11 almost 12 and while he is a very tender loving child he has gotten over the cry over everything stage and so for him to be in tears something is wrong. I asked him what was going on? Did she hurt him? And with the biggest tears running down his face he looks up and me and says "I think I hurt the dog." (Imagine booo hooo hooo) coming out about the same time. He held out his hand and there was a very small tooth sitting in it. I asked him where he got that? He said that it was the puppies and went back into sobs. I wasn't overly worried because I do know that puppies lose teeth just like little kids so I wrestled the dog to the ground and pried her mouth open so I could check her out. I could see right where the little tooth came from because I could see where the big tooth had already started pushing its way through. I showed it to Zach and explained to him that it happens to dogs and little kids. He was still upset that her tooth had come out but was ok with the fact that he didn't hurt her. He did however sit on the couch with her for the next 10 minutes petting her and then took her out to play with the ball until the ants attacked them. (She is way overly noise and gets into everything.)

 
 
 
Jason has been bugging me since he got home at 3 to make dinner. We are having Tacos tonight and instead of trying to figure out how many shells we need and do we want hard shells or soft shells we have started getting 2 bags of Dorito's and let everyone put what they want in a bowl and just scoop it out with your chips. My kids (all 5) love this dinner. And I'm sure when Luke Bryce and Kaleb come over this weekend and they find out that we just had Taco's they are going to fuss like crazy and ask why can't we just do it again lol. Best part is we probably could and everyone would be super happy anyways. Chad and I went grocery shopping today and got so much food we actually had to use 2 shopping carts to get it all out to the truck and he had to help me push mine : ) I am sure we looked very silly walking around with 2 people pushing 1 cart, but we don't care. We love each other and if it takes both of us to push the cart it just gives us a chance to snuggle a little more. The lady that rang us up actually asked if we only went shopping once a month. Chad said nah this might last a week and a half or so. The look on her face was priceless!

                                                                     (This was us)

No comments:

Post a Comment