Tuesday, July 30, 2013

A break for Elle

Well for the last couple of days my son Zach has been with his dad, but of course I have had my two little nephews and my niece.  We thought it would be a one night spend the night and play kind of thing and when my sister and her husband came down to get the kids it turned into a whole day of play and then dinner and then somehow all the kids ended up staying with me again!  The guys went to play poker for the afternoon which turned into more like all stinking day, but that was ok because it gave me a lot of time to spend with my kid sister which I don't get to do as much as I would like to. While she was here she told me about a beautiful book that she would like to write and she even asked if I would help her with it. : ) Now the fun part is we are trying to talk about how she would like to have things go in her first book and I was bouncing ideas off of her for my next three books in the series I've been writing with three little boys and a little girl running around acting like little monkeys and somehow her oldest son got all involved in our conversation. We will just say that I now know my series is 9 year old boy approved!! Yay since that is exactly the age group I have been trying to write for. She also agreed with Chad and thinks I should go ahead and self publish my first two books but while I am trying to do that I should go ahead and put them on amazon for e-readers. So..... I guess I will be trying to figure that one out and I will be sure to update when you should start looking for "The Great Turkey Run." It seems to cost a lot of money for a new writer to get their books published so you guys help me out and shop at the store www.therightsideofthebed.com





(My sister Desiree, her husband Matt and the three kids)

We finally got the guys to come home and Zach made it home so we decided to take our dinner over to the park and grill out. The kids had a great time playing on the playground while the grown ups cooked and after dinner Chad and Matt went looking for a geo (I'll explain that later if you don't know what geo catching is) It got dark on us so we headed back to the house and all the kids stayed over again and my sister and her husband got to have a kid free night again ~ Lucky devils.  Which was really an good thing because Chad was home that night so he got to do the put the kids to bed thing and they listen to him so much better than they do me. I'm the push over and I know it.

 
This is what a 3 year old does when she wants your attention.
 
 
So after a fun filled day we all crashed out, and the next morning I get a phone call from my sister saying she has a ton of office work to do and can Matt pick up the kids after lunch?? And because I'm the best big sister/ Aunt ever I said ok. Abby and I got up and made Uncle Chad some coffee and she woke him up with the sweetest kiss on his head and I had a cup of coffee in hand. Yeah he is a lucky guy too. So Matt showed up later and TOOK ALL THE KIDS WITH HIM!!!  YAY!!! So then Chad and I were lucky devils and got to have an evening at home without any kids until he had to go to work (third shift week sucks.) But it meant I got to have the whole house to myself all night and it was very quiet which I like more than anything.
 
 
 
 


 This is what the morning after looks like...... the morning after 3rd shift that is.
 
Poor guy was so tired, too bad it didn't last long. The puppy and kitten decided he looked like a trampoline and jumped all over him and woke him up so they could snuggle.  But it is still very quiet in the house since none of the boys are here right now. ( this mama is starting to miss them all)
 

 
 
 
OK so I promised I would give you guys some recipes on this blog somewhere. Since we have spent the last few days cooking for a bunch of children and you know there are at least a few picky eaters in the bunch I'm going to give you a great trick to get them to eat a pork chop. As the adults we like the pork chops, but for some reason like three of the kids don't think they eat a pork chop so what I did was put all the chops in a bowl and pour in some dales sauce, some Worcestershire sauce and then sprinkle on garlic powder and onion powder. Let it sit for about half an hour, longer is ok but give it some time to get into the meat, and then we threw it on the grill. Kids thought they were eating a steak and actually came back for seconds!!! For me that is a big score because my sweet Abby doesn't eat anything if its not a grape, a hot dog, a chip or candy and gummies.  Anyways give it a try with your picky eater and see if they like it too. What's the worse that can happen you have to microwave a hot dog real quick and you get to eat a yummy pork chop?
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment