Saturday, July 27, 2013

A few fun filled days.....

OK so in my earlier post I mentioned that one of the things my guy and I have been through is having an absent father show back up in the picture after not really being around pretty much my son's whole life. I don't think I will go into a great detail about the whole situation, but I will just say that he had a problem, went to jail a few times, and then met a  girl who will kill him if he doesn't keep himself in line and has really turned his whole life around which is wonderful for my son Zach. So this weekend he was supposed to come get Zach for a visit when I get a phone call from his new wife that his car has broken down and can she come get Zach instead? To which I agree without hesitation because she really is the best step mom I could ever ask for when it comes to my son, and that is saying a lot! It does help that I have known this girl since she was 4 years old and her sister was my best friend for a bunch of years. Anyways she comes to get my son Zach and brings her little man with her and their new baby ( Zach's half sister) which of course I sit around holding for over an hour while we girls chat and have a great time. I have to say this little baby looks exactly like my Zach did as a baby except in pink. I really am thankful to have someone taking care of my son with his father that I can trust and have a good relationship with because Chad's ex wife would NEVER be ok enough with me to sit and speak in any manner below a screech. Unlike her I understand it is important to actually be nice to the other woman in your sons life. I know she loves my son just like I do in fact this girl is so sweet she called today while she was out getting herself some jeans to ask what size my Zach wears so she could grab him a couple pairs too since she found a great sale. I tell my children, my step children and even my son's step and half siblings that you can't have too much family and you can't have too many people who love you.



Speaking of family the rest of my family is with me today. My sister (who you have already heard a little about and I'm sure will continue to hear about) called me today and put my 3 year old niece on the phone who wants to know if she can spend the night tonight. Of course if the baby gets to come then the boys want to come too. So instead of the quiet evening at home I had planned for just me and my little guy Jay, it's not our weekend to have Luke, Bryce, and Kaleb, while Chad is at work I now have my 2 nephews, my niece and my boy.




That sweet little puppy I posted about last time well she caused some trouble today for us. My niece brought her stuffed dragon Stuffy, from Doc McStuffins, with her which Alice decided she liked and ran off with. The boys came to the rescue and tried to wrestle Stuffy away from Alice and sadly some of the stitches in his butt came loose. I was a little worried that my girl would freak out because he is her new favorite toy ever! But instead of getting upset we played Doc McStuffins, which I just happened to get to be and she was the hippo nurse who kept Lamby calm while we stitched Stuffy up. I really enjoyed playing with her especially since it has been so long since I had a little one in the house.



The last couple days have made me really want a baby girl! My Chad would be more than happy to have another baby, but OMG it might be another BOY!!!!! I guess it wouldn't be too bad since I already know what to do with them lol, but oh would I love a girl finally. I would be one of those moms that played dress up, and had tea parties, and everything would have to be princess and pink and fluffy. And since Chad is a wonderful daddy he would play too! And heaven forbid the girl ever wanted to go on a date, could you imagine coming to the front door to pick up your date and being met by 5 BIG brothers?!


No comments:

Post a Comment