Thursday, July 25, 2013

Alice

Hey everyone ready for a laugh? Now remember there is no way I could make this up. We have a small Boston Terrier named Alice. We also have a cat that is about a month older than Alice so they are actually almost exactly the same size right now. Alice is a little confused on about her roll in the house however, she seems to think that she is the cat and that Delilah (who really is the cat) is supposed to be her life long friend slash chew toy. Which is usually the cutest thing you have ever seen, until a few days ago when I watched Alice chase Delilah through the living room into the kitchen and just as the kitty jumped up on the table that the birds cage sits on super puppy grabs her by the tail and manages to get a mouth full of fur for her trouble. Alice proudly strutted right back through the living room and brought it to me to see what a good girl she was for catching that naughty kitty cat.

                                                                   (Alice minus the cat hair)

Yesterday she decides that I need help with the chores namely loading the dishwasher. So while I am washing the dishes and trying to put them in the top drawer she is standing on the open door licking all the little drops of water up. I had to text that picture to my best friend because honey that was super cute.  Probably a habit we need to stop before it gets started and she gets any heavier, if I would like to keep using my dishwasher that is.



So today we wake up and did the usual outside for a quick potty, chase the cat, bark at nothing, go see if the kids are awake yet, and then jump in the bed and lick daddy in the face Alice decides that when daddy goes to get in the shower that she needs one too. I kid you not the puppy climbed right into the shower with him and the first thought I have is" OMG I need a picture of this for my blog! " Followed quickly by realizing Chad is naked in that shower too and the door is glass.......  Maybe he wouldn't be upset : )  So like any good doggie daddy would he shampooed her right up and let her rinse off which she loved, which also means no more doggie mommy wrestling the puppy into the bath tub and soaking myself and the whole bathroom in the process. ~ Score!


She does have one other bad trick up her little sleeves. Like I said in my last post we run an online adult toy store, www.therightsideofthebed.com, and yes we have our own little stash which Alice will very happily drag out and show all the company she can manage. I'm not sure is she is being a perv or if she just likes to fetch at the most inopportune times. All in all though she is great and has brought some of the biggest smiles to everyone's face especially when we really need it the most. So my suggestion for anyone looking to get a puppy if you want one with lots of energy that wants to love you all the time check out a Boston Terrier. They aren't too big, they aren't to small and for us anyways she is just right!



~~~And of course as I type this she decides to do some normal Alice stuff. Mr. Bird (a 20 year old dove) is out of his home getting some exercise and Alice runs up to check him out just to have him chase her back out of the kitchen. Oh my.... the pets around here are so confused. Welcome to Elle's world!

No comments:

Post a Comment