Thursday, September 19, 2013

Around here..........

Around here our mornings start about 6:30 with my alarm going off in unison with Mr. Wonderfuls. We both push snooze and cuddle for the next 5 minutes, then it's up and at 'em to get Jay up and ready for school. Zach doesn't have to get up quiet as early, but usually he ends up getting up roughly about the same time. Then it's go, go, go for the next half an hour until Jay scampers out the door to meet his friends and walk down to the bus stop on the corner. Zach is usually ready by now and gets to watch some TV or play computer or whatever until about 7:20 when he meets the girls next door to walk up to his bus stop, collecting one of his best buddies in the neighborhood along the way. Next is Mr. Wonderful finishing getting himself ready for work, grabbing that cup of coffee, and giving me a kiss on his way out the door to be at work by 8. Now here comes the good part..... For about the next hour I am very happy to sit in the house and have everything quiet while I drink my coffee, and just chill out before I get on doing whatever my heart desires for the rest of the day until Jay gets home in the afternoon. I actually don't overly enjoy having the whole house alone all the time while the kids are at school and Mr. Wonderful is at work to tell the truth, which is why I am very excited to start back at work and going to school. Sometimes I just need out of the house and to be able to talk to other adults without having to hear "MOM! MOM! MOM!" I love my children, but I love my big girl time too.




 I have to say that since the boys went back to school I have been able to do all kinds of neat craft type things that I have been wanting to try. I have a new one that I will probably be working on later today when it warms up a little outside. I wrote about a different project that I worked on with paint and letters on an old piece of art in my last post. Well I just happen to have a second copy of that same picture so I am going to try something else with it. If you write or draw on the picture with glue and let it dry and then paint over the whole thing with a solid color the glue stands up like puffy paint and makes a really neat looking piece of art out of one you didn't like before so I am going to give it a shot. I also think I have decided how to handle that table I was talking about. Since it is an outside table when I looked at it all I could think of was a cartoon I had seen with my children at the beginning of one of their movies ( I think it was Finding Nemo) where the old man in sitting in the park playing checkers and then you realized he is playing by himself, and my brain being as random as it is I said to myself  " Hey self you could put a checkers board on top of that outside table and it would be cool." So I guess I am going to measure out some squares and start painting half of them red. I think it is going to turn out kind of neat and hopefully someone else will too lol.

This is the cartoon I was talking about. Super cute! Turns out he is playing chess btw, I know Mr. Wonderful will be saying it so I am going to correct myself before he does lol.




So Mr. Wonderful wants to move some furniture around in boys bedrooms. Right now we have 3 loft beds and a double sized bed in one room and then two single sized beds in the other room. We are going to talk with Zach and Jay and see if they want a loft bed and possibly to separate them and each have their own room for the two weeks the other boys aren't here. Guess we will see how this goes, but he got me a new frame for the double sized bed so we can finally set it up and take 2 of the loft beds down. Kaleb doesn't really like to sleep alone (I think he is scared of the dark) so he usually gets one of the other boys to bunk with him and there is no reason to take up the whole bedroom with 4 beds when only 2 of them ever get used and half the time we only have 2 of the boys coming right now anyways. (Don't you love teenagers and their fickle behaviors.) I know Zach and Jay have both expressed a want to have their own room and some of their own space, but they have been together since Jay was born and it would be a super difficult thing to try and separate all of their things.....  Glad we are working on getting a yard sale together and both of them have been asking if they can sell stuff too that they don't want or need anymore.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment