Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Merry Christmas from Elle

December 25th 2013 is officially upon us! This year we as the coolest parents ever, decided it would be an Xbox and airsoft kind of Christmas around here. While the kids got other things as well those were there two big presents, an xbox 360, some games, and a couple of controllers and of course airsoft rifle and pistols all around :) I will say having a family of all boys is very interesting to say the least.  And of course you can not give every little boy in the house a new gun and not give the big boy one too, he would feel left out. So I surprised Mr. Wonderful with an airsoft gun too and now all 6 of them are out running through the woods having a real life game of Call of Duty Ghost or which ever game they think they are playing this time. Now I was so shocked when they all decided they were going outside to play and not the first one asked about hooking up the new Xbox, but I think I am going to hook it up and try it out before they get back :) naughty mommy is going to play with the kids toys while they are gone! So all in all I think we had a pretty great Christmas morning.

I'm pretty sure this is what my kids are doing right now, or at least it's what they think they are doing anyways.


Yesterday, Christmas Eve to most, was my son Zachary's birthday. My big guy turned 12 and it makes me a little sad to think this is his last year before becoming a teenager. I didn't think it would be a real big deal, but just knowing that he is growing up so fast already and that time seems to be slipping by faster and faster. It also makes me remember that Jason is right behind him, because in 4 months my little man will be 11. Guess I am finally having that feeling of panic that my babies are growing up and what then??? LOL I know most mom's get that when the youngest is like 2 or 3. It just took me longer.

anyone who's kids are growing up will understand.
 

Zachary will be heading to his dads house this afternoon and he will be gone until the 31st. He had asked me to talk to his dad about letting him stay here a couple of days, but I told him he had to have that conversation with his dad because I was not getting in the middle of that one. We will say that he didn't want to hurt his dads feelings so he never asked, that and I am sure he wants his Christmas presents from over there too. His dad and I talked probably 4 times about what are you getting him so we didn't both get him the same things and luckily his dad is being very cool about if Zach wants to bring something from his house back with him to play with it's fine with him which is nice for Zach so he doesn't feel like he has to just leave everything.

and I miss you when you are gone.



So for Christmas this year I got a bath set :) (what girl doesn't like the idea of getting to relax in a bath) and a cute mug from Jason that says "my mom, my friend" which is an adorable idea because I have about a million mugs in the kitchen, but he knows I like coffee and thought I needed one more, I love the way little minds think, and Chad got me a pair of footed pajamas!!!! Duck Dynasty footed pajamas to be exact which is something I have wanted for awhile. And best of all I got what I REALLY wanted, my children are getting along and having a good day which is honestly what I told them I wanted. When they fight it drives me crazy and just bothers me so much that it is so nice to see them getting along and being happy together.

These are EXACTLY the p.j's that I got :)


I hope everyone has had an awesome day so far and that they enjoy seeing friends and family for the rest of the day as well. I know that as for myself and Mr. Wonderful most of our family lives in different states and while we wont be seeing them we will be thinking of them. And as for my sister Desiree, we will be getting together before long so I can steal her children lol.

Yesterday Abby tried to stay with me instead of going to see Santa. You know you are an awesome Aunt when they pick you over Santa!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment